The Abit Motherboard and the Advantages It Offers
The Abit motherboard is a type of motherboard manufactured by the Abit Company.
There are different models of this type of motherboard.
However, we can highlight some features and advantages that are offered by this not so common motherboard type.
Common Features of Abit-Motherboard
- This motherboard is compatible with many versions of Intel processors including dual core processors as well as the core 2 duo series.
This is enabled by the hyper threading capability
- Abit motherboard's most exceptional feature sis its built in RAID (Random Array of Inexpensive Disk) array controller which if bought on its own would more expensive than the motherboard
- The motherboard was also the first to integrate the now rampant USB 2.0 standard
- It can support up to 4 memory modules depending on the model
- The motherboard has 3 PCI slots, 1AGP slot, 2 IDE channels as well as 2 SATA channels
- It also incorporates an audio and video connector as well as an Ethernet controller
- Other input output connectors are similar to those of other standard motherboards
Advantages Offered By the Abit-Motherboard
- The motherboard has a jumperless design
- Its ability to run at a 75 MHZ bus speed is amazing
- The motherboard also supports the modern technologies of RAM, for example Dual In-line Memory Module (DIMM)
- The SoftMenu feature offered ensures that the over-locking mechanism employed is very easy to use and understand.
- The motherboard supports P55C technology
- The Abit-motherboard is of more quality and stability when compared with other motherboards like the ASUS
- The motherboard is very reliable and is not prone to failures and faults
- Upgrading of flashBIOS is very easy when you are using the Abit-motherboard
- The Abit-Motherboard website has all the information regarding installation