Breaking Laptop BIOS and Self Post Screen Password
Breaking laptop BIOS is an essential step towards setting your own screen password. It involves step by step method that should be looked at keenly, for positive results as expected.
In addition, it is important to note that, breaking laptop BIOS tend to be a little tricky especially if it is a new model and maybe you would take the option of inviting an expert to do it for you.
To those who decide to do it alone, consider the following steps.
- You would be required to create a bootable media that will enable you boot into MS-DOS. This is an exercise you can do on your own. Your laptop will provide guidance in every step of the way.
- After successfully creating a bootable media, the A:\> shall appear on your screen. At this juncture, you will be required to type the word debug then press enter button. You will only notice a dash symbol on your screen.
- The next step involves typing 0 70 2E while taking notes on the spaces provided between the figures. Press enter again at this juncture and wait for the next step.
- You will be directed to the next page where you will be required to type 0 71 ff, also taking into account every detail pertaining spaces needed between the figures. You will again be required to wait for the next instruction.
- The last step involves typing a q and pressing enter. At this stage, you will now have the option of creating your own password for your laptop.
- Go to the start button on your laptop, press it and look out for security button and give a positive answer regarding creating your own password.
- Type your new password, and retype it again just as directed, for security purposes. Ensure that the created password matches to prefixes and cases required.